Can a UI open a UI

Hello everyone

I have lately been playing around with the data shape package. and it is awesome.
but now i have run into a minor problem.

I want one of my UI’s to start another UI when it is done with its task.
I fort if i connected the Was Run (it sents out true og false) to the toggel input in the UI.MultipleInputForm ++, then it would work, but it dose not, do any of you guys out there know how to get this to work? if it is possible at all

Here is some screen dump of that i want to do
first picture is the set up

secound is the error when running

thanks in advance

Check this post out:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/multiple-dialogue-boxes-for-more-awesomeness/

Hi @rgs ,
very glad you like the package :slight_smile:
your problem here is that you feed an element list to the list of inputs.

If you want to display the list of elements in the UI you need to build a ListView input.

Hey mostafa

thanks for the fast reply.

i dont want the UI to show the list, but nice to know, i just want the second UI to launch when the first one have been dealt with

But what you are telling me is that the reason for the error is that a try to input a list but that is not possible ?

If those elements aren’t used by the second UI then you don’t need to feed them at all.
The “Inputs” input of UI.MultipleInputForm++ only takes data-shapes input types:

you’re giving it revit elements that’s why it doesn’t work.

The mening i that in the first UI the user will select some elements. when they have done that, and click run, a new UI(the secound) will apear, and there they have som options to manipulate the data from the selected elements from the first UI.

did that make any sens :slight_smile:

Yes absolutely. Here’s a dummy example where the first form lets you select elements then the second form allows you to enter some informations to manipulate the selected elements :

4 Likes

Thanks Mostafa

that was just what i needed. :+1:

you are the best

2 Likes