Camber Feedback Thread

Hi @StevenMar,

Yes, this is the expected behavior. The DataShortcuts.GetWorkingFolder node will always return a value because the working folder is always set to something. If you haven’t explicitly set the working folder, then it will return the default which is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Civil 3D Projects.

Both the DataShortcuts.GetWorkingFolder and DataShortcuts.GetCurrentProjectFolder nodes will return the same values independent of which drawing Dynamo is currently running on because those settings are not unique to the document but rather are set at the application level. That’s why when you set the working and/or project folders in one drawing and then switch to another drawing, those settings remain. That also explains this:

After reviewing this, I think the ‘document’ input port on these nodes is misleading. The underlying API methods don’t actually require any input because, like I said, the working folder and project folder are set at the application level. When I initially developed these, I made the decision to add a port as a type of toggle or forced input to make the node run. But I think those should be removed. Do you agree?

Currently this isn’t possible with the nodes available in Camber, but it will be in a future update. I’m currently working on expanding the DataShortcuts shelf to have more nodes, but I didn’t have them all ready for the initial release.

3 Likes

Hi @mzjensen, is it possible to set sample lines labels with your package for sample line group?

Not yet, but I’ve added it as a feature request and will look into it soon!

2 Likes

Hi @mzjensen, if I may jump in in this conversation too, I do think that the document input port for the DataShortcuts could be removed !

Thanks David, I’ll make it happen in the next update :+1:

Coming soon!

11 Likes

omg calm down Zachri :joy: Honestly, this looks great though!

1 Like

What an amazing toolset, thanks for your efforts.
I did want to query the CodeSetStyle.CodeSetStyleItems node. From what i can see its only reading Point Items, without extracting the Shape and Link code items.
Any ideas?
thanks

Hi @kelvin.j,

You’re right, there does seem to be a bug there. Here’s the issue on GitHub for tracking purposes, and I’ll get it fixed as soon as I am able. Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Hello,
First of all: very nice package.
I would suggest one ‘update’ though:
Possibility to choose the ‘Site.GetSites’ node as een input node, do this list would be accessible through Dynamo player

Or

Providing a node that can be used as a input node giving the possibility to select a Site (cfr. General Line Label Styles as an example)

Hi @mzjensen,
Is this something that’s within the roapmap at all?
It would be fantastic to be able to call styles by string values (Featureline Styles/RenderMaterialStyle/CodeStyle etc)

It sure is!

:smiley:

when I use SurfaceStyle I got this error:
1637309692(1)

Hi @mzjensen .

I just want to let you know that with the Camber package I was able to solve one issue I had several times and I could not solve with Civil3DToolkit as I think the nodes do not work properly. Now, with your Camber package, I am able to set RimElevation and SumpElevation with Dynamo. I post a screenshot with the script I created.

I just need to check the node that I have below with no inputs and outputs but with this first approach it works perfectly.

Many thanks and congratulations,

1 Like

Hi @xiaogh98,

That version of Dynamo is quite outdated. I have not done extensive testing for that situation. Any chance you could install all applicable updates and try again?

@JMCiller that’s great! Glad it is working for you, and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll update my dynamo and try.

Hi @mzjensen,

Come across this when creating labels for alignment and profile. The nodes work perfectly fine for the first time but if script closed and reopened, gets bellow error and script wont run.

The error says :

I am using Civil 3D 2020.4, and Dynamo version 2.4.1.6394 (Dynamo for C3D 2.4.1.2161)

Thanks @shahid.shaikh_C3D. It’s a known issue with older versions that I’m trying to figure out.

In the meantime, if you’re able to update to 2022 then it should go away.

1 Like