Camber Feedback Thread

@durasovartyom the output from the Civil 3D Toolkit node can’t be used with Camber.

I can add a similar node so that you can get an MLeader from an existing object.

2 Likes

Super odd, I have never experienced this before.

Every time I save a dyn script using these two (2) nodes, then run it either from a ribbon command, or in dynamo player, or even opening the Dynamo launcher, these nodes always disconnect. I have tested it with other nodes from Camber and they seem to stay connected, but these do not want too. There is nothing in the logs, so I did not include it.

Here is the version I am using…
Dynamo Version

Thoughts? I have searched the forum and seems over the years others have experienced this but there are not too many resolutions to be found.

So I am thinking there is an issue with the connector here…

I closed Dynamo completely, restarted C3D, launched Dynamo and found this…

Logfile is now attached. I did not catch those two lines before.

Dynamo_startup_log.txt (3.3 KB)

Hmm…interesting! Do you know if it happens with other dropdown nodes?

Hi @mzjensen!

I am developing a Dynamo script and I am using your new package. First of all, let me tell you congratulations on this release!

I have several profiles in Civil 3D with some labels spotting elevation and station. Now, I´d like to extract all those labels with the metadata in Dynamo.

I am going to show you a screenshot with the issues I am having:

The issue seems to come from the profileViewStationElevationLabelStyle node.

Thanks a lot.

Looks like a programming mistake:

It needs a label but that should have been a labelstyle.

@jehart I’m able to reproduce the issue and am seeing that it affects other dropdown nodes as well. I’ll need to do a little more digging to try and figure out what is going on. Thanks for doing some initial detective work, and sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Please do not be sorry at all @mzjensen you are doing the Civil community a major solid by producing these! We are just helping debug it with you is all!

Thanks again for all the hard work you are doing with this!

-jde

1 Like

Camber v1.01 is up on the package manager. This version is a minor update that fixes a couple of bugs, but it also has some new nodes for creating 3D text! You can use any font installed on your system. Here’s an example:

3DText

With this update, the GitHub repository is also now publicly available. I’ll be using this to track issues and node requests, as well as publish more detailed release notes and changelogs. Feel free to keep posting in this thread, or you can create issues directly on the repo.

9 Likes

@JMCiller thanks for reporting. I’ve fixed this in v1.0.1. Can you try the updated version?

1 Like

@jehart this should be fixed in v1.0.1. Can you try the updated version?

1 Like

@mzjensen So far so good my man! Thank you… hopefully you did not work on this all weekend!

Thanks again, its amazing what this package is capable of automating! I will share some scripts that other may find useful also once they are done.

-Justin

Nope…it actually turned out to only be like 2 lines of code :sweat_smile:

Yes, please do!

2 Likes

Like these?

It makes sense that the output ports were not recognized. Great you found it!

BTW, are you sure you are an amateur programmer? I’ve had a look at your code and it is well written, no fuss, and clearly documented :+1: It looks like it’s your daily job and that you are a proud programmer!

(If you are interested in a fulltime job in Europe as a Civil 3D programmer, let me know :wink: )

3 Likes

Yep, that was it. There are a few base classes that all of the dropdown nodes inherit from so it had to be changed in a few places, but it could’ve been a lot worse.

Thank you! That means a lot. I’ll stick with my day job for now but I appreciate the offer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having a bunch of fun messing around with the package. It’s amazing!!! I think it will be a huge help for labeling ramp spot elevations! Definitely will have to mess with it for awhile to find the best way to accomplish this.

2 Likes

That’s what I like to see! Keep it up :+1:

Thank you @mzjensen for Camber, I found surprisingly simple solution with it How to delete in Civil 3D GradingCriteriaSet in GradingCriteriaSets - #2 by Drbohlav

1 Like

Thank you so much for creating this package!

I just wanted to see if what I was seeing is expected behavior:

1. Camber > Civil 3D > Datashortcuts > GetWorkingFolder and GetCurrentProjectFolder.
  2. Open a unassociated drawing, the project and the working folder point to the last working folder and last project.

If this is expected behavior, how does one identify if a drawing is not associated with a project?

Python Script:

import clr

clr.AddReference("System.Windows.Forms")
from System.Windows.Forms import Form,Label

def popup(text):
	form = Form()
	form.Width = 300
	form.Height = 100	
	label = Label()
	label.Text = text
	label.Width = 280
	label.Height = 70
	label.Parent = form	
	form.ShowDialog()

Text=IN[0]
popup(Text)
1 Like

Pretty cool to see a simple pop up script, I may incorporate that. Welcome to the community!