Camber Feedback Thread

The GeneralSegmentLabel.ByObject one. See error below. This only happens for closed feature lines.

Can you share a basic DWG with a closed feature line that gives this same result? I do not experience the same thing.

label

1 Like

Glad it works on your end! Before wasting more of your time, I am thinking maybe it’s a version issue? I tried downloading the latest but it is missing the GeneralSegmentLabel.ByObject node. Which version do you recommend using?

That node only appears in versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. And both give the same error.
I cannot upload the file since I’m a new user, but here is a wetransfer link to it.

You’ll just need to update your Civil 3D version to the latest. That will vary whether you’re using C3D 2020, 2021, etc. but just install the latest update and then you won’t have installation issues with Camber. Once that is done, I recommend the current version of Camber (v4.2.6).

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for your work! I found useful nodes in the Camber package. I was able to build up a very fast pressure pipe network. I have points without height and a surface, and of course a pressured pipe network of pipes.

Could you help me how I can place Appurtenances into the network?

hi everyone
i try to add pressure parts in a profile view used by Camber. its getting an error as below.

This capability is not available in Camber at the moment.

@sivarajann - can you please share the DWG so I can test?

Hi all. I wanted to create profileview labels for an alignment with multiple profileviews. When I am using Profileviewstationelevationlabel.bystationelevation, I am only able to label a single profile view; it is not working fine with multiple profile views.

@aravind.akhil007
It’s probably just a matter of setting the appropriate list levels and/or lacing for the node.

I’m grateful for your response. I understood; I had to segregate the station and elevation values into lists according to the profile view range.

Hi @mzjensen :wave: I’m using the mleader.bypointblock node and was wondering if there is a way to create mleaders into sheet layout? Thanks!

Hey @KirkWM - hmm, I’m not really sure why I didn’t include an input on that node to specify the destination block. I will explore it a bit further and try to put out an update as soon as I’m able.

3 Likes

Hi @mzjensen

Using your “ExternalBlockReference.SetAttributeByTag” node, I attempted to change the attributes in the blocks that are in the external reference. But I wasn’t succeeding in doing this. Dynamo indicates that the attributes have changed despite the dwg xref file remaining unchanged.

Do I have this right—it is theoretically possible to change the objects in the external reference file?
If so, what am I doing incorrectly?

I’ve attached the test files in the section below.
test_ExternalBlockReference.SetAttributeByTag.dyn (33.6 KB)
test_ExternalBlockReference.SetAttributeByTag_file.dwg (806.7 KB)
test_ExternalBlockReference.SetAttributeByTag_xref.dwg (820.3 KB)

Hi @ana.ortizMPU5K,

I’m not at my PC and so I haven’t looked at the files you provided, but it sounds like maybe you need to save the external document and then reload the xref?

Dear @mzjensen

To make it clear, I expected it to work like this: the host file is open, and it contains an external reference file. Running #dynamo should change the attributes in the #xref file.

I did some tests: with an opened #xref file, and a closed one, but the result is the same. There is no change in the #dwg model.

Yes, exactly. You need to save the ExternalDocument after you’ve modified the attributes, then reload the xref to see the changes.

2 Likes

Hi @mzjensen

It works. Thank you.

1 Like

“Manage Data Shortcuts” node would be really really useful.
input0 = CIVIL3DOBJECT
input1 = data shortcut CIVIL3DOBJECT

I wish i were smart enough to figure this out…but i’m not :frowning:

After updating to 2024 and installing the latest version of Camber, the ExternalDocument.LoadFromFile node isn’t pulling the DWGs. Is there something that I need to change?