Camber Feedback Thread

Take a look at these nodes in v4.0.0. There’s also a new ExternalObject.Geometry node that you can use to get the Dynamo geometry.

2 Likes

This is fixed in v4.0.0.

Absolutely killing it as always Zachri. Super excited to test these nodes and share your amazing work when I start at my new company on the 11th.

1 Like

I rethought the approach to this in v4.0.0. Please take a look at the release notes on GitHub (scroll down to the bottom where it says “Breaking Changes”) for a full description of the changes. This approach seemed to be much more consistent, let me know if you experience the same.

Thank you @mzjensen, very nice. Could you please look at this?Visibility states: How to get and set this for dynamic block references?
Is it possible in Camber package now or in future?

Sure, I’ll add it to the list :+1:

1 Like

Amazing job, as always, @mzjensen.
This weekend is saved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work as always @mzjensen !

Will sure some of the new features in our workflows!

Hi @mzjensen, looks great. Thank you so much for the update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Zachri,

Can you provide an example of how to use the slope/elevation analysis tools? I’m having trouble understanding how to use the nodes.

Sure. Here’s an example of a slope analysis. The work is coming up with the ranges for the min/max slopes. So this graph…

…produces this.

analysis_window

5 Likes

Makes sense! Thanks Zachri!

Just released a small update (v4.1.0). There are new nodes for working with fields, external layouts, and setting drawing units and zone settings in both the active document and external documents.

9 Likes

@Daan check out v4.1.0, there are nodes for external layouts that will allow you to do this.

1 Like

First of all: Thank you again and again for this package - it is a gift that keeps on giving!

I received a lot of good feedback using the “ModelText.ByCoordinateSystem”-tool. While in a BIM-workflow all information should be within the object, it’s really cool to make some information available “externally” by just looking at the IFC without the need to click on every object.

Right now the node is bound to a coordinate system - It would be awesome if texts could be drawn with [X,Y,Z]-inputs as well. Here is a mockup of what I’m talking about:

Bonus wish:
The texts are drawn according to the coordinate system. While this should be the default, the option to input the “plane” would be great as well.

So “Plane” would be either “ZY” (grey) oder “YX” (yellow).

Just something to consider! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! Glad to hear that it is useful for you :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback about the ModelText node. You’re right that the text is created in the input coordinate system’s ZX plane, but I think you can achieve what you’re looking for by transforming the input coordinate system. Here’s an example to place text at any point and in any plane (e.g. rotation about any axis) in the world coordinate system.

text

Here’s an example application of this to create alignment stationing text that follows the alignment rotation and maintains a specified distance above the centerline profile.

3DText

Do you think something like that would work for you?

7 Likes

HI EVERYONE ! I am trying to create a pipe run using camber node "PressurePipeRunByObject, the problem is I can’t find a proper node with the part size needed, any idea ??

Hi @Ahmed_Ramy,

You can get the part sizes from a parts list like this. The PressurePartSize.Description node may also help to determine which item you want from the list.

2 Likes

I always used the it like in your second example - never figured I can assign a coordinate system to any point. My Dynamo game is not strong enough yet! :slight_smile:
Thank you for your reply and the detailed example!

No problem! Let me know if you have any issues.