Bulk Checking Project Parameters on Multiple Projects - Orchid Parameter element?

Hi all,

I’m required to check multiple Revit files ensuring a list of project parameters are existing and in the correct categories. I have managed to run this test for a current document (see post, however, this uses a currently document solution.

I then looked at using Orchid which can background open projects in its own format, this worked well and I had high hopes when I found the Document.Project Parameters node. However, this outputs a parameter element type:
which I’m struggling to work with. I then found this which I’ve tried to modify to fit my needs but when I extract the parameter information even the name; it not relaying the names of the project parameters, but some other list where I’m not too sure where it’s coming from.

Either way, I noticed that the orchid method is relaying 216 parameters when the Clockwork is relaying 305; which seems to be more accurate.

Does anyone know any reason why the Clockwork and Orchid method would be reporting a different number of parameters?

Is anyone aware of a way to input multiple documents into the clockwork Project Parameters node so it can check each one rather than current, Orchid has its own datatype which clockwork obviously won’t accept.

And apologises for the open-ended question, but any advice on tackling these issues? I’m a bit lost jumping between different packages, trying to patch together python, etc. I feel like I have all the pieces, I just can’t figure out to bring them together.

Many Thanks,

Joe

I think if you use the BackgroundOpen node for documents then you can feed those into the Clockwork node input.

1 Like

Orchid has two nodes to convert to/from Orchid documents so Clockwork should be able to receive the non-Orchid output document.

I seem to recall Clockwork exposes some builtin parameters that Orchid doesn’t pick up the last time I used it, so it might be those. I’d use a Set.Difference node to test which ones are not being picked up by Orchid for a hint as to the likely cause.

1 Like

Thanks both for the response.
@SeanP, What BackgroundOpen Node are you referring to? The only one I can find is the Orchid one. It seems Rhythm used to have one but doesn’t now.

@GavinCrump, I can’t find any of the Convert from nodes, only to. I’m using Orchid 203, not sure if that makes a difference. Does anyone know any way around this?

@Joe.ashton maybe this one:

Hrm I did think they were in there at some point, but it’s just these I can find that work with db elements to dynamo elements - unsure if they suit orchid objects. Beyond that worth asking erfajo over on his github at Orchid.

1 Like

try these from rhythm…

4 Likes

Sorry for late reply, I used this solution and thought I reponsed.

I never knew that packaged overlapped and supported like that. It worked perfectly thanks!!