BuildingPad in Python Script

Hi, how do i create a BuildingPad inside Python Script? (No design script)

-I can create walls using Wall.Create(Parameters)

-or Floors using doc.Create.NewFloor(Parameters)

-0r an family object using doc.Create.NewFamilyInstance(parameters).

But i cant find a way to create a building pad, anyone have a clue?

Thanks <span style=“color: #ffffff;”><b>a</b></span>

<span style=“color: #ffffff;”><b>fa</b></span>

Try the “Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture.BuildingPad.Create()” method

This works thanks but i’m having trouble getting the buildingPadTypeId from a name i got, you have any tips?

I tried this just to see if the code works: FilteredElementCollector(doc).OfClass(BuildingPadType).ToElements() got the first element and used it this way
t.GetTypeId(). Example: Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture.BuildingPad.Create(doc,t.GetTypeId(),levelObj,listCurvedLoops)

But it still i got the error :

Exception: The buildingPadTypeId is not a valid type id for a BuildingPad.
Parameter name: buildingPadTypeId

And even if it worked i dont find a way to get the especific BuildingPadType Id from only the name i got from excel.

Thanks for your time again Dimitar

I got it working now just passed Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture.BuildingPad.Create(doc,t,levelObj,listCurvedLoops) instead of Autodesk.Revit.DB.Architecture.BuildingPad.Create(doc,t,levelObj,listCurvedLoops) but i’m having trouble getting the especific one by name.

When i FilteredElementCollector to get Walls or Levels i have the object.Name to compare, now the FilteredElementCollector passing BuildingPadType as a class dont have a .Name propertie ( the documentation say it should have ), so how do i approach it?

Hi Marcello,

You could try using Dynamo’s equivalent of a FEC instead:

2015-09-08_10-06-05

Do you know how could i replicate the two first DS nodes, “Element Types” and “All Elements of Type” on the Python Script?

I don’t believe there is one unfortunately. But you could use a FEC, wrap each element and query the dynamo name property.

By FEC do you mean the FilteredElementCollector? If so does it only search for elements that are in the doc, the ones that i have at least one plotted ? (Not all the ones that are available for me to use )

There are a lot of different FEC options. Some of them can work for element types and some of them only for placed instances. A really good article for most of the available options is the building coder as usual:

Also remember that you can always grab the first available type and then change it afterwards through dynamo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Dimitar, you helped a lot : )