Browser organisation in UI-dropdown

I have a dynamo for exporting multiple sheets at once to DWG.
I’m using an UI to select the sheets I want to export. All the sheets are displayed in 1 big list.
Capture32

Would it be possible to have this list be displayed like the project browser such as with pdfprinters/plotmanagers?

All input is welcome.

something like this?

Thanks, I didn’t find this one on the forum during my search.
It seems like it could work, I’ll give it a try!

Hi! There’s a treeview input in the data shapes package. You can group your sheets using the same parameter you’re using to organize them in the project browser and create the treeview. Let me know if you need an example!

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi an example could be helpfull since I can’t find it on the website…

True that part needs to be documented! :slight_smile:
there you go :

3 Likes

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi OMG
THIS IS AMAZING AND EVERYTHING I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Thanks! I’ll give it a try on monday!

1 Like

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi I haven’t tried it yet, but would it also be possible with even more levels in the treeview?

Yes!

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi
How do I add the extra levels? Do I repeat the treeview.input node? Or do I repeat List.AddItemToFront?

The treeview will reproduce the structure of the list you feed it as the “data” input.

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi yes but I’m only getting 1 level (AANBESTEDING) of the project browser, I don’t know how to get the multiple levels (AANBESTEDING, 01 Plannen, WPZ3)…
Capture30

You can do it like this. The lits@level and lacing is crucial here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi I did exactly what you did but I get this:

Can you show your graph?

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

Almost there! You missed the lacing set at longest here

2 Likes

Omg yes, I totally missed that! :joy:
Thanks so much!
I only need one extra level so I hope I’ll be able to manage that myself

1 Like

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi I managed to get the extra level done. But now I’m wondering if it’s possible to have the sheetname be displayed like this:
Capture34
I don’t really know where or how to incorporate this part…
(like the original pop-list I posted)

1 Like

Unfortunately the way it is right now doesn’t allow that. There are some improvements that have been in the works for some time (that’s the reason the node is not documented yet). But this talk made me want to finish that :slight_smile:

2 Likes