Beams on top of walls

hello guys,
i wanted to start in dynamo and i want to create somthing i don’t know if it’s complicated or not.I want to create beamns on the of each wall can you help me please or give me a hint anything htat helps me create my first script i want a specific type of beam on a specific type of wall not all the walls in the view.
Thank you in advance

Not complicated at all.

Best to start by going through the exercises in the Dynamo Primer, at Primer.Dynamo. Skip nothing. Each exercise is there to teach a concept, not an outcome. So even if you do t think you need to populate a roof with solar panels, do that exercise as it will teach you lacing quite well.

Then you can look at building the logic. How would you do this by hand? Write that down.

Next step is to break off chunks of what you can do and experiment with the rest. Every concept you need to know is exposed in the primer, and much of this graph can actually be built directly from snippets, so run through that end to end and things should become attainable.

If you’re still stuck after that, post what you have tried and we can guide you.

3 Likes

i have tried this now i want to create line curves above the walls how can i do that and thnak you in advance

Hello,
here is a possible starter

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

it worked now only 1 thing missing i want the beams to be on top of walls i believe i have to use geometry translate and i tried didnt get what should i use

here is the script

Hello @nizarmalek10 here is another alternative way :wink:

2 Likes

here, nevertheless the approach of Mr. Sovitek is more intelligent and responds to the case of different upper levels of walls (and also scalable by adapting the mask)

cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes