Batch Create Shared Parameters In Families From Directory

Orchid package can add family parameters, look into it as an alternative approach to the video I posted.

it is like the definition you posted in the other thread, only need to get that step of the shared parameter changed

Load and add family param.dyn (26.2 KB)

Modified python code will achieve this.

2 Likes

Good afternoon @GavinCrump I was testing your definition and it is close to what I need, which is to open the families of a project and load shared parameters and load it again, however, I see that only 1 parameter can be added, I don’t know if It’s a lot of trouble. Please help me modify it so that it adds a group of parameters, as shown in the image.

Something that I just realized is that the Python Script (Edit family) sends an error, would you be so kind as to explain me why this error happens, I am a newbie in Python.
I thank you in advance for your help and attention.

You have changed my code so it isnt working for that reason. You’re using a different clockwork node, it should be all all families of category instead of family types. You’ve also limited the parameters to one using the code block with x[1] after the parameters.

If you use my script/code as is it should work I’d say.

i am using this script again now i do need the shared parameter… but how do we set it as a type parameter it is now set to instance… would be nice to have the option

found it in the script the true or false controls the type or instance parameter