Automatically changing parameters

I would like to visualize a parametric design by displaying many iterations of the design without having to manually change the input parameters by moving the number sliders. (It would also be nice to be able to change multiple parameters at once.) The goal is a movie showing how changing the input parameters leads to different geometries in the output. Is there a way to do this?

Hi @gel19 ,

Yeah there is, you should defenitely look into generative design.

1 Like

Thanks. I notice none of my nodes give the option to be an Output node. Is there a way to more easily define outputs?

In case anyone had similar problems, I found a workaround by simply creating Watch nodes, which can be Output nodes.

Hi @gel19 ,

This is not a workaround, this is the intended way :slight_smile: . Glad you got it !

1 Like

Generative Design is certainly the way to go if you have a lot of options and want to explore your design.

If you have a limited number of parameter values and want to show the specific, incremental change of different parameters then you could also try running your graph in Periodic mode, with changes made every few seconds. This can be a little tricky if you don’t have any experience with the Periodic mode though.