Hey guys, I am trying to automate the placement of Area boundary lines in a model that have linked models. I have been able to make a script that can place the lines like I want but it places them for every wall in one view. The way I want it to work would be to have it only put the lines on the active view. Is this possible? I am a beginner to Dynamo so be gentle
Think of Area boundaries like model lines.
to get to the walls in just the active view, use all elements in active view node and filter the walls, use element.geometry node to get the curves out of those, make new area boudaries by curve
Will this work with linked Revit models?
i overlooked that
Something to try:
- Get the crop region for the view.
- Create a surface from that.
- Create a bounding box from that.
- Check if each wall in the selection intersects the bounding box.
- Filter the lists of walls and make area separation lines.
You may also want to filter walls by fire rating or type or other parameter (do you really want area separations around the closet in the unit?).