Auto create & rename levels

Hi there,

New to the forum and dynamo in general so forgive me if this is an easy fix, but after searching the forums I have not been able to find a way to renumber/rename levels in revit.

I’ve created a conceptual massing script that generates a form and creates floors/levels automatically. However, the goal is to be able to continuously modify the floors/shape etc. I’ve noticed that after the first iteration, adding/removing floors makes the level names begin with the old top level.

Is there a way to renumber the levels after they have been created? (see red box above)

Thanks

Once the Levels have been created it should just be a matter of adjusting their name parameter.

Thanks for the reply!

adding this into the script allowed me to rename the levels, but since I have dynamo set to run automatically it got stuck in a renaming loop.

I was able to find an alternative solution using BIMLink to renumber the levels

Here’s something that might work for you

@Scott_Crichton Could you tell me, which package has required for Categories block?

Hi @sharmanaveenajmer,

The Categories node is a built in node. Give the seach function another go - it should be there somewhere :slight_smile: