OK I am having a hard time getting my head around this one. We have 2 different templates a schematic design template and the construction document. once the SD is complete we copy it into the CD and run with it. Here are the steps.
- we use tool to select all the elements and record all of their phases
- Open up the new CD template and link in the SD project.
- Manually rename and create the Levels to match what is in the SD (Need to do this because if you bind in a link with the levels included it creates 2 different levels at say 0,0)
- Bind in the Link without including the levels.
- ungroup the previous linked file (binding creates a group for moving)
- run the utility to place all the elements on the same phase as it was in the SD.
That’s it. not that hard but I tell you people cannot follow directions and keep messing it up. this process works fine but I want some way to automate the manual renaming and creating of the levels.
I have 2 dynamo scrips right now to run on the source and 1 on the target to achieve the proper phases .
Thanks in advancelevels.dyn (18.1 KB)