Assembly Creation with Nested Families

First time script is worked smoothly & also created assembly successfully. After close & reopen the project then Script is not working. I don’t know why it is happen. Anyone please help me on this.

Hello @Mahesh14tapkir looks like that node is from steamnodes that package hasnt been updated for long time…but you could open the node and correct the input names and it should work

Yes you are correct. I am trying but not able to set Input. Could you please help me with this.

hi is it from steamnodes ? you could just copy paste the python node into your canvas and use that i guees

No it is from EvolveLAB

arhh ok thats why i couldnt find it…does it work if copy the python node into your canvas ???..

you could rename your input as here or just copy the python and should work…

Inside the custom node:

1. Place new input nodes
  2. Give each input them correct names, data types, and comments
  3. Delete the old input node save the custom node.
  4. Open the graph and it should have the updated inputs.

Instead of Evolve LAB Node. I used Prorubim Assembly Node it is creating assembly but just not able to give Name to assembly through script. I will have to rename the assembly that is little challenge is remain. if anyone have any idea please let me know

1 Like

Steamnode has Tool.RenameAssembly node. What I do is pull the mark number of the element that I am making into an assembly. Then once the assembly is created, rename the assembly to the mark number. You can have everything in one script, but you will need to use a Transaction between creating the assembly and renaming the assembly.

2 Likes

Thanks @staylor for your help now every thing is working smoothly along with rename node.Just we have to run script twice then it will rename it.Do you have any another better option for rename assembly in single run

Did you place the Transaction node in between the assembly create node and the rename assembly node as shown below? The results below was one run of the script.

1 Like

@steven.v.costa thank you so much, Now it is working perfectly.

Hi @Mahesh14tapkir …if @staylor solution work for you then please remember mark the solution…

1 Like