AreaSeperator.fromCurve

@john_pierson

Purvi Irwin started this question on Twitter and I’m moving this to here which is a better location.

I’m using the the AreaSeperator.fromCurve node from clockwork v1.x in dynamo 1.3.3. I’m using this to draw area boundary lines on a views based off wall types the user selects. For some reason the script attached is causing the area separation lines to be drawn with the same origin, direction and distances, thus i believe causing Revit to think they are overlapping and causing a warning. However the lines that overlap are on 2 different sketchplanes (different element id’s). It seems that the script is ignoring the z axis of the level when creating these elements. Any help would be appreciated.

ECA - Unit Areas Corridor and Demising Boundaries v1.1.0.dyn (148.9 KB)

1 Like

Alright, so I was able to figure out my mistake. I foolishly assumed that because a sketch plan was required to draw area boundary lines that the z axis of the lines did not matter and that the z axis of the sketch plan would be utilized when drawing these lines.

As it turns out, the location of the line is used to draw the line and the sketch plan has nothing to do with the actual location of the line. My suspicion is that sketch plan is used to tell Revit what view the area boundary lines should be visible in (ie, what level).

What was causing the error is the curve used to create the area boundary lines was being generated from walls and when the walls span multiple floors. Those lines were created in the same place and therefore overlapping even though they were not visible in the same view because they were on different sketch planes at different heights. Therefore the fix was to add a few nodes to move all the lines to the elevation of the associated level.

1 Like

:hushed:I was just about to ask you for a sample RVT, but it seems you got it working!