Areas to Rooms List Matching

Hi Crew.
Just having an issue with pushing some area data into rooms. I had the attached graph working with a different area type, but it decided to not work with NLA. I think its just a different list sorting that I’m missing. Any help would be amazing. Cheers.

NLA.dyn (66.3 KB)

My best guest is that you’ll have to flatten the lists before set parameter value.
If that doesn’t work, please show me what is inside GetparameterValueByName with Area as parameter name.

Flattening just sets the incorrect structure for the info.

Please show us what is inside GetparameterValueByName with Area as parameter name. If it is matching in structure as the room names in your node below, you can just set the lacing level to @2 in the set parameter nodes.

The strange thing is it works fine if I use the GFA area scheme…

See if I have understood correctly, have you flatten all three lists before imputing to set parameter and it is not working properly?
The the lists are somehow not matching, they have 11 elements but nested in different way. But I guess the order of the elements is there. Can you please try again with those three lists flatten ?

Great, forgot about that, haha. Use List.OfRepeatedItem and List.Count to create two new lists with the parameter names and plug them into parameterNames.

I think if you set these two input files @Level 1 it should work.

I ran your graph it worked I think!
I had to change a couple of things… I didn’t have NLA so I used NIA? I also didn’t have your parameters, so I used default ones (so i needed a string from object)… Maybe try the same? Or a restart?
Here’s the files back… test.rvt (1.4 MB)
NIA.dyn (67.6 KB)

Hope that helps,

Mark

Did you try switching the node’s lacing to “longest”?

Yeah still no luck with all the suggestions. I think it worked once, freakishly, but then if I test it against another NLA area config it dies. Here are all the files if that helps. I appreciate all your help.

NLA.dyn (66.3 KB)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Al9aSQj5PJzTlPXR7gDFHXxeoNCEZwpA?usp=sharing

Hey,

So obvs, you’re getting a null for making a polycurve from your room… That’s a problem. Instead of polycurves, try getting the end points and doing a polycurve by points? I find it more robust… Otherwise if we can’t avoid the nulls, we need to separate them from your other list and deal with them manually…

Hope that helps,

Mark

Combining Mark’s remark and some data-structure tuning, it looks like this should work:

There is no need to replicate the exact structure of your list. Both lists have the same main structure (being a list of 4 items, 1 is a list of 4 area’s, 1 is a list of 4 lists of Rooms), Dynamo takes care of the replication of the underlying list level.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help guys. I was able to get it to work with some levels adjustments at set parameter.

1 Like