ArchiLab / Select.GetRoomAtPoint node is not working?

Hi All,

I was trying to get the rooms at the points that I have created elevation tags by using one of ArchiLab nodes. However it gives me a strange warning message below:

" Warning: Select.GetRoomAtPoint operation failed.
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.RoofType, bool)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.FamilyInstance, bool)’ "

Anyone came across this before?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Are you on the latest version of Archilab? Could be an API call that’s changed and an older version of the package hasn’t differentiated between the two. Otherwise try the MEPover package, it has a node that does the same thing. You can also write the Python for it using the GetRoomAtPoint() method.

Hi @Hamish,

Yes I am on the latest version of Archilab. I will try your suggestions. Let me see if it is going to work.
Thank you for your response by the way!!

Same here, so that means that this component can’t be used anymore ? Should we tell the devs of Archilab ?

This code should work in a Python node if the input is a point or list of points:

# Made by Gavin Crump
# Free for use
# BIM Guru, www.bimguru.com.au

# Boilerplate text
import clr

clr.AddReference("RevitNodes")
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)

clr.AddReference("RevitServices")
import RevitServices
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager

clr.AddReference("RevitAPI")
import Autodesk 
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

# Current doc/app/ui
doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

# Define list/unwrap list functions
def uwlist(input):
	result = input if isinstance(input, list) else [input]
	return UnwrapElement(result)

# Preparing input from dynamo to revit
points = uwlist(IN[0])
rooms  = []

# Do some action in a Transaction
for p in points:
	getRoom = doc.GetRoomAtPoint(p.ToXyz())
	rooms.append(getRoom)

# Preparing output to Dynamo
OUT = rooms

It’s unclear why the code in archilab isn’t working, might be a custom class that was made to handle this that doesn’t work anymore.