Applying the concept of Rhytm Wall.Direction to windows

Good morning, i created a script using the node Wall.Direction Rhytm in order to obtain the four orientations (North, South, West, East) and consequently color them. I am wondering if there is a way to apply the same concept also to the windows, because using the node FamilyInstance.HandOrientation i only obtain the vector with its components, and not a certain “text” associated to the vector, for example “N” “S” “W” “E”.

Thanks in advance if you can help me!

You could get a windows host (wall) and then obtain the wall orientation from that.

The only potential hangup I see is if the windows are flipped. This won’t account for that, but you can definitely build that out.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion!
What i’m trying to do works really well on walls, because i can override the colors i have associated to them in Revit, but even using this method (if i’m not wrong) i can not associate the various “N” “S” ecc. to windows, but just to the host, which is the wall that i already have.
Is there a way to create a direct link between the four orientations and the windows themselves?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The screenshot I showed above does do it for windows. Give it a try. The only part missing is a “SetParameterByName” node for tying that data to the windows. I showed the green lines to show the relation…

1 Like

Thank you very much!! In fact i was missing how to use those green lines in the script, now it works really well!