Annotations are rotated when copying from view to view

I am using Dynamo and Springs “CopyFromViewToView” node to copy lines and text from multiple assembly views to other assembly views. For most of the views it works fine, however for Top, Bottom and Plan Detail views, everything gets rotated 90 degrees. Here is the view that I am copying from

Here is what it looks like when it copies into the other view

Below is the meat of my script
This part brings in the source views and filters out annotations, lines and text to be copied into the destination views. The ScopeIf+ is part of additional filtering for checkbox options by the user.

If more information is needed, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for any input!

I am still looking for a resolution. I am fairly positive I need to feed a transform into the Springs node, but I don’t what transform is needed. Here is my graph and test script. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Copy From View to View.dyn (31.6 KB)

I gave up on this until now. I would really appreciate some guidance. I am fairly certain that view orientation is what is causing the issue above. When both the source view and the destination view have been rotated, if I don’t input a Transform into the input of the Springs node, then the annotation comes into the destination view rotated 90 similar to as shown above. If I input the Transform of the source view and the destination view into the Springs node, then the annotation is rotated 180 degrees and is also offset in the view.

It’s funny how using the paste “Aligned to selected view” works perfectly (as long as both views are oriented the same). So if there is a way to mimic the “paste aligned to selected view” command in Dynamo, then please share.

Thanks!

I tried to upload a model, but it was too big. I broke it down to only what was needed, but it was still 8mb. So not sure how I can share that. I have attached an updated version of my script. This one includes the view to view transform.

Any and all advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Copy From View to View.dyn (39.2 KB)

For anyone who is following this post, I worked around not feeding a transform into the Springs node. Script is attached if anyone wants to see what I did. I feel this script could be simplified, but it works as is. So I am marking the post as resolved. Any input on how to critique the script is welcome.

Copy Annotation From One Section View to Another Section View.dyn (187.7 KB)

1 Like