Alternate between true and false each time I run my graph

Is there a way to make a graph which will change a Yes/No parameter to its opposite each time the graph is run (in manual mode only of course)? In other words, when I have a Yes/No parameter in a family checked/set to “Yes”, I want to use a graph to change its value to “No” and vice-versa. I’m not sure if this is intentionally impossible due to the potential for an endless loop.

hi @Redrunner262

check the script below, is that what you mean? check the Test Parameter value

before script execution:

after script execution:

-biboy

That appears to be what I seek. My graph is not following through, the yellow error says “No parameter found by that name,” and indeed it is not present in the list of available parameters. Might the cause be that my parameter is part of a Sheet? Are sheets not able to have a Yes/No parameter manipulated this way?

How did you manage to select the sheet?

Whoops… rookie mistake. I set the parameter to a sheet, and clicked on a titleblock. I’ll set the parameter in the titleblock family and see if that works.

Will your method work for a type parameter?

Already made the script for you: invert_value.dyn (16.5 KB)

check this:

Sheet Name is a parameter name of the sheet to select a specific sheet.
Test Sheet is the name of the target sheet.

-biboy

It will work if you point the getparametervaluebyname and setparameterbyname to the correct type (family type).

P.S. Sheets have no type.

-biboy

I guess I’ve meant to say “titleblock” this whole time. Looks like it will work. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi to confirm if it really works on family types, check the script below:

before executing the script:

after executing the script:

have fun with dynamo.

-biboy

1 Like