Align/Connect Fittings to Pipe elements

Hello Forum,

I have created pipe elements and fittings from ‘data’. Unfortunately it is not connected right away, because all the fittings are all generic ‘box’ elements. I have moved these generic models to position, mostly in elevation from level (advise in how to do this automatically is welcomed), and changed to correct fitting. Now, I am trying to align and connect these fittings to pipes. I searched the forum, unfortunately I could not find any relating topics. Here is the script sofar.

any advise in approach or how to go further?

I am stuck :sweat_smile:,

Rasa

Find fittings and align-connect to pipes.dyn (40.5 KB)

Hello @shahrasa im not sure what you try…if you want create elbow fitting then mepower and openmep have nodes for that…if you wanna insert accesories mepover have a node node for that as well…mepfitting by points and curve…but not really sure what you try

1 Like

@sovitek, thank you for the reply.

Al the other post are talking about placing a fitting/pip accessories on a pipe. This splits the pipe and connects the the fitting. I have all the segments already and all the fittings are placed. What I want is to connect the relating pipes to the fitting. I can’t remodel the pipes or the fittings, because all
the elements contain data.

Here is an example of the situation.

test project.rvt (1.8 MB)

I guees it will be difficult…without insert again…btw it doesnt wanna work anyway as your acceriorries family dont have any connectors

“btw it doesnt wanna work anyway as your acceriorries family dont have any connectors”, you are right. I thought if I figured out how to do this on tee-fittings, then I can change the family type of the accessories and apply the same method.

once I can figure out how to rotate fitting based on connectors and vectors of the pipes, then i can move the start/end points of the pipes to the connector of the points. And its connected… What do you think about this approach? And what would be a good approach to do the first part?

Not sure…yeah thats probably possible but will not be easy…i would first give the family connectors and then insert them again with mepover and read the properties from the original…if i understand right :wink:

Yes, I tried that as well. The node MEPFitting.ByPointsAndCurve doesnt doe anything…output is “Dictionary”, don’t know why…

Hi @shahrasa try open the node and you will see an other python node, copy that one to your canvas and use that one…but keep in mind the node is very sentitive how it get the list, its expect lis of points…

Revit_zuH0Bl6w0o

edit forgot to mention if you delete these lines here…ythen it goes more smooth and then set size after

1 Like

Thank @sovitek, I wil give it a try

1 Like

Hi @sovitek ,

This works for me. The only issue now is that the rotation of the ‘tee’ fitting is based on the direction of two parallel pipes. The third might be mirrored. For this, first I need to determine the direction/angles of all the pipe and the connectors of the ‘tee’ fitting. But for now this works. However, I think that this can be coded way efficiently. I don’t want to take your time, but any thoughts how to improve this, maybe in a node, is welcomed. :slight_smile: