Adding vertical wall sweeps on walls

Hi, I’m new to Dynamo and I’m having trouble finding certain nodes. I want to add a vertical wall reveal to all my concrete walls, but I can’t seem to find the wallsweep.onwalls node in my library. I’ve added several different packages but still don’t have it. I’m using Revit 2020 and was having some issues with packages that haven’t been updated yet. However, I thought this was standard node within the Revit Library. Any suggestions? Thanks.

welcome them to the community…

Try with “WallSweepOnWall” Data-Shapes package.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for your help.

Hi @_Vijay – do you have an example of how the WallSweepOnWall node is used? I’m trying, but having some trouble (also not awesome with Dynamo yet!). I understand what the inputs for the node should be, but not how to get them :slight_smile: I get empty lists when trying to access the sweeps in my model, for example.

Hi @_Vijay – thank you, but I’m still having an issue. I get an error both in my real project and when I try in a fresh one. I’ve tried using the DataShapes node for wall sweeps, but am getting a ‘cannot create wall sweep’ error every time I run it. Not sure what the Distance input is after, but maybe that’s not the issue. I’m attaching a simple Revit file, as I’m getting the same error in this one, regardless of wall type, it seems, as well as the graph and profile family. Ideally, what I’m after is this:

It’s a 2" x 1" profile, essentially stacked against each other (no gaps / spacing in between) along the surface of all of the walls from my first screenshot. When I try in Dynamo, I get the error, but it also looks like it’s trying to place a different profile. Thank you for taking a look!

PR_Wall Surface Batten_2in.rfa (448 KB)
Project1_R20.rvt (448 KB)
SWEEPS_add to walls.dyn (16.1 KB)

Hi @_Vijay and community – just curious if anyone has any further insight on this? I’m not having any luck and could really use on my current project.

Hi @ashley.hastingsWB , i did not have the chance to review it. I will do it and come back to you.

1 Like

Seems like you’re giving the node a Profile family. You need to input the Wall Sweep type itself.

Revit dynamo datashapes
I’ve tried with the node in datashapes. But always showing an error warning of can’t create the item…What will be the issue…