Wall Sweep/reveal creation from dynamo

I’m trying to place some reveals in walls using a node from Data-shapes which is largely a python script calling the WallSweep.create method - it appears to be creating the sweeps well but I’m having a very tough time figuring out why the distance from the end of the walls is inconsistent. Testing in a clean project it works great, but when I got to a larger test/live project the reveals are placed at varying distances even after I filter the walls re: their placement direction. Any thoughts are welcome as to why this might be happening or how to get around it

reveal-ques-2

This is the text from the Python Node

import clr
clr.AddReference(‘RevitAPI’)
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import*
clr.AddReference(‘RevitServices’)
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager
from RevitServices.Transactions import TransactionManager

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

if isinstance(IN[0],list):
walls = [UnwrapElement(i) for i in IN[0]]
else:
walls = [UnwrapElement(IN[0])]
wstype = ElementId(IN[1].Id)
sr = IN[2]
vertical = IN[3]

UIunit = Document.GetUnits(doc).GetFormatOptions(UnitType.UT_Length).DisplayUnits
dist = UnitUtils.ConvertToInternalUnits(IN[4],UIunit)

#creating wallsweepinfo
if not sr:
wsi = WallSweepInfo(WallSweepType.Sweep,vertical)
else:
wsi = WallSweepInfo(WallSweepType.Reveal,vertical)

#setting distance of sweep
wsi.Distance = dist

#creating wallsweep
TransactionManager.Instance.EnsureInTransaction(doc)
ws =
for w in walls:
ws.append(WallSweep.Create(w,wstype,wsi))
TransactionManager.Instance.TransactionTaskDone()

OUT = ws

Could you possibly post your .DYN file? it would be helpful to troubleshoot with. @Matt_Sweeney

@TomC this is kind of an old thread - i was never able to get this to work consistently with Dynamo - I ended up doing it with a C# macro and was able to get consistent results that way. However that create method for the sweeps was a little tricky.

I also don’t think i have that .dyn anymore as it never worked properly I didn’t keep it.

Yeah I noticed it was a year old, thought I might be able to help. I’ve yet to look at C# macros, I’ve been working through a similar project Dynamo project. Seems maybe I should go the macro route.