Adding shared Parametrs from text file to RFA

orchid

Hi guys I am having issues adding shared parameters to revit families through a Text file, it keeps retuning as NUL

Batch add shared parameters to families in project from .txt file with ui.multipleinputform ++

Double click into your Add Shared Parameters Node and check to see if it is built for iterating over single items or just lists. It could be looking for a list of items. If that is the case you can adjust the python code if it is using that or try adding a List.Create before inputting directly into the Parameter(s) input.

Shared Parameter.dyn (15.9 KB)

Doesn’t seem to have done anything can you check if you see anything different

try the node in my package…

Hi @s.rooble ,
the node from the Data-Shapes package is meant to add shared parameter to a project, not a family.
The node from Orchid is more suited for what you’re trying to do.

HI erik I have downloaded the package from the GitHub and added it in the packages folders on my files however its not coming with the actual nodes its basically not done it

Appreciate the clarification :slight_smile: Thank you

Hi erik the script you have just posted will this allow me to add a new shared parameter to my Revit family ?

Hi Erik I have another question for this scrip to work do I need to do it in the Revit family or project

HI erik I have downloaded the package from the GitHub and added it in the packages folders on my files however its not coming with the actual nodes its basically not done it

Have you read the text on the Github page? if so, why don’t you then just use the installer instead of trying to install it manually? …this is only for experienced users to do so!

Hi erik the script you have just posted will this allow me to add a new shared parameter to my Revit family ?

First, I presume you mean graph when writing script!? or are you planning to code something?

Next, If my node didn’t support what you are asking for, I would not have put it up in the first place… please test what you are given before putting up further questions.

Hi Erik I have another question for this scrip to work do I need to do it in the Revit family or project

As it is written in the help in the node… it works only inside a Revit family. If you try to use the node inside a project you will get an error.

Thank you Erik, for the above, I have installed the package works fine I just needed to reboot my machine so we are all up and running however I can not see the changes happening with my family.

add you work (the .dyn file) so far so we have a chance to see what you have been doing…

Add Share Parameter to RFA.dyn (19.6 KB)

COBie Extension Shared Parameters.txt (12.6 KB)
The txt File is the what I would like to be the shared parameter in the RFA file

Eaton_LightingFixture_Kachina.rfa (432 KB)

the “COBie.Type” is a Yes/No parameter, and the group name is “Type”

GROUP	7	Type
PARAM	1691beae-d724-4a70-b6f6-7abd114e9dda	COBie.Type	YESNO		7	1

please check your shared parameter file so you add the proper data types!

you need to edit the below input!

Is this the only issue on the graph because the last node is also running as yellow apologies really struggling here been on it for nearly 2 weeks trying to crack this

I feel for you :slight_smile: what is the error message from the last node?

Add Share Parameter to RFA.dyn B.dyn (21.5 KB)