Adding prefix to Door families

Hi there,

I am trying to select a group of doors under building A and add a prefix to all the doors. I am failing at the last node.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Shaik

Just a shot in the dark but maybe the Categories node is only acquiring the Instance parameters, while the name is a Type parameter. Try using the Family Types node paired with the All Elements of Family Type node.

1 Like

As @Redrunner262 suggested, you want to set the name of the doors family, to do this we can still get all elements of category, and next get the doors family type using Element.Type, then just getting the unique items because you’ll have multiple doors placed of the same type. Here is an image of the graph to set the name.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks @patrick_podeyn, it worked like a charm. I am astounded at how much i lack in knowledge when it comes to nodes.

Another request: for our project we have 4 building in the same revit model, the task i am trying to achieve is to select all the doors in each of the building and prefix the relevant Tag. Do I make a selection in revit space and then come to Dynamo to somehow work with only the selected doors.

Again, your help is much appreciated.

Shaik

Are you using a custom parameter for the prefix or something built in, such as Mark? And are you changing a Type or Instance property? If I an Instance parameter, I would use Revit for that and forego Dynamo. I would open a 3D view with all the buildings visible, then hide all categories in view except doors, and this should separate the doors nicely in each building, assuming the buildings aren’t jammed up close to each other. Then I would use the window selection tool (click, hold and drag the mouse) to select all the doors in one building and assign the prefix, then repeat for the other buildings.
Though if you’re changing a Type parameter, Dynamo may be the way to go.

1 Like