Adding Parameters to Families

Hello! I have created a Dynamo script that, based on an Excel file, adds parameters to selected families in a Revit model. However, I am encountering errors…

@mohamed.hassounE794Z the forum language is English. This is a requirement to make search work, otherwise I would use my posting as a chance to practice my Swedish. Please translate all future posts as I have in the edit of your post above.

1 Like

Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. Well, it’s better to speak in English. I made a mistake between two groups, that’s why I wrote in French.

1 Like

Hard to see what the specific issue is from just the description and images.

Can you:

1. Grab the message at the nodes where you are having the warning
  2. Export the canvas as an image (camera or export button just outside the extent of the workspace) after zooming in so you can read everything (meaning node names, input names, data previews, etc.) after expanding all data previews going into the nodes with warnings so we can see the inputs?
1 Like

It would be better to send you the script, but I can’t share it here because I’m a new member. Can I send it to you via email?

I’ve bumped your permission level, but it can take a bit to update. You can also use a 3rd party service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, WeTransfer, etc…

That said, just posting the Dynamo graph will not be enough.

• I don’t have Orchid installed and have no plans on getting it due to the difficulties which that package creates within my Dynamo ecosystem due to namespace conflicts, so you’d have to move past that package.
  • I would also need a Revit file, the excel file, and any other dependencies.

Image is likely much quicker to generate than all of that.

1 Like

Warning: SharedParameter.GroupByTypeAndGroupName operation failed.
No shared parameter file found.This error is given by the operation “SharedParameter.GroupByTypeAndGroupName”.
Warning: SharedParameter.Create operation failed.
Error in readParamDatabase. and this error is given by o|SharedParameter.Create.
I didn’t include any photos because the warnings are in French

Which node was this on? The Orchid one?

yes

Looks like you aren’t using those nodes as intended. I don’t have orchid documentation on how to use these, so I suggest you review the author’s documentation and reach out to them on the github repository.

I believe that the first node creating the warning is looking for a shared parameter file as an input. This could be a file object or the path, not sure which.

I would move away from Orchid and look into (use) Crumple Package instead.