Add Fields to Key Schedule and Copy Values from Another Field - Revit 2022 Shared Parameters

With the ability to add / use Shared Parameters now in Key Schedules in Revit 2022, I wanted to put a graph together that would enable me to easily add those Shared Parameters and copy values from other fields.

I’d recommend using Dynamo Player to help prevent issues with the multiple pop-ups.

Here is that graph:

1. Select the Key Schedule you want to use.
  2. Select the existing Field / Parameter that you want to use.
  3. Select the New Field / Parameter you are going to use.
  4. The graph will add the field to the Key Schedule and copy the values between the two.

**You could also remove the old field using the same graph, but I wanted to be able to validate the information before doing that **

Key Schedule Copy.dyn (92.9 KB)

Packages used:
Crumple: @GavinCrump
Data-Shapes: @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

7 Likes

Nice one! Just tried it out and it works a treat.

Glad Crumple could help give your graph the patience it needed to wait!

2 Likes

Also, some new nodes for Crumple - thanks for the ideas! I use key schedules a lot so these will be super useful moving forward…

1 Like

Those look great! My problem is usually that I can do something so quick in Python I rarely use packages or custom nodes, but these do look handy!

Thanks for sharing @GavinCrump!

1 Like

Yes I used to do the same, mostly just leave the scripts as Python. I’ve recently begun supporting more clients in Dynamo, particularly from a deployment and education perspective so I’ve been using Crumple as a way to avoid using as much exposed Python in solutions I build for them whilst minimizing the number of custom packages they need to deploy to run scripts.

I see some of the things others leave to Python and see much more opportunity to house it as nodes to make them easier to understand and also potentially lead to triggers for absorption in Dynamo itself by the team if they become commonly used.

A good example is my If/then/else node. I know many people that use Crumple even just for that node, as simple as it may be. Still hoping for a functional If node that behaves this way (take one branch or another, regardless of length) in future. Maybe its presence in packages will prompt that, even if Python and design script have alternative methods (less accessible to the basic user of course).

1 Like