Adapt "Key Schedule" node to write to any schedule

Hi, I am new to coding so for those that are more experienced, can you have a look at the Key Schedule node from the archi-lab package- is it possible to rewrite the code so the data feeds into a schedule (so no ID parameter required) :weary:

The issue is that when this Key Schedule is copied in the project it only carries the first data field of Key Name, and leaves all other parameters/fields out.

Hi Yasemin,

Could you drop here screenshot?

The same script applied to other schedules (e.g. Wall Schedule, View Schedule) copies identically.

Below is a screenshot from copying a key schedule:

By clicking Edit Node I copy and pasted the Python Script nodes into the main Dynamo page.

Since I want the fields without the concept of having a Key Name I focused on the first Python Script by

• changing all reference to keySchedule to ViewSchedule (image below)

I disconnected the second Python script.
The error I get is the image below:

Does anyone know what changes can be made to make the script work? I am new to Python and Revit API so sometimes it is confusing when trying to write the code.to reference the correct thing.

It cannot be changed to work with other schedule types. Other schedules require a different approach all together. You don’t add Rows to other schedule types. Key Schedules are unique.

Hi, thanks for replying! I can’t seem to find any other nodes related to writing to schedules
 is it possible to fix the issue of duplicating(copying) a Key Schedule since all my data is sorted

My aim is a Note Block style end product so in total I have many schedules specific to views

Because of how Key Schedules work a parameter (column) can only be used ONCE in only one key schedule. You can’t copy or duplicate a key schedule because that would mean re-using that same parameter again. It’s really that Key Schedules are different than ALL other schedules in Revit.

So since all the other columns read the data based on the fact that the parameter-names-of-the-field match the parameter-names-input-of-the-node, can’t this script be edited to remove the concept of Key Name and Key Schedule? (I hope that was clear :thinking:)

Yasemin,

My understanding of your question is that you want to create a Key Schedule for a number of different views (sheets). You want each one of these Key Schedules to have different values in it, but the same Columns. For example you want to have a column that reads Name and then 20 rows with some names. In second view you want another Key Schedule that has a column called Name and some other 20 names. Your approach as I understand it was to try and Duplicate the Key Schedule so that you can “fill it out” with new values. If that’s correct then:

It’s not possible. What I am telling you is that you cannot duplicate a Key Schedule. You would need to make a NEW Key Schedule, create a NEW name column (parameter) and assign these 20 new rows to it. Then again, for each new Key Schedule you want to create, you need to make a new parameter that’s unique.

Is that clear?

1 Like

YES NOW I GET ITTT - the parameter has to be unique so that’s why it won’t copy. Sorry I thought the key name would have to be unique only.

:broken_heart::sob: