ActiveX.GetCOMObjects Returning Null Values?

trying to get text data from link to revit but not able to work with link… think i miss somethn bbut what ??

It’s designed for use with Revit files: RVT, RTE or RFA.

DWG is unrecognised hence the nulls!

1 Like

yep… my mistake but sir could you pls exlain how do i get access into ActiveX(link) file… im sure its stored somewhere hiding it self but i need that text data… its obvious i can get it read from excel extraction but its not reliable… so i need to get in to data base… any way youcan suggest ?

ActiveX.GetCOMObjects node gives some hope but its returning null…
here is the python inside that node…
and there is only twoo bool inputs… it must get the data from active revit project… or else…

I believe that is for Dynamo studio use as it requires the use of the autocad API. Those nodes don’t work in the Revit plugin.

What info are you after, There may be another solution.

nope you are wrong if some thing like that is true then the node will turn into depricated state so i may not able to either connect nor open it…

so im still looking for a way to get inside the activeX document (autocad link || drawing under model) and get text data from it…

yes it is possible in many other way, i can import it directly and broke the model, ican extract it from autocad it self but if this is called automation then there must be an other way…

Thnx that worked! But im still cant get all the text data( content && position ) from link cad.

Sir, if the text data is represented in revit so there must be a way to find and extraxt that data into dynamo...

just need to know the work flow… i wish i had access to all database with one single defination…