About levels and lacing with SetParameterByName

Hi! I know this question has been resolver dozen of times here. But none of the solutions works fine for me. I’m a bit noob in Dynamo and I’m still struggling with levels and lacing.
What I want is:
For each room in index 0, assign the three parameters with the three values of index 0, for each room in index 1, assign the three parameters with three values of index 1, etc.

I’ve tried almost everything with levels and lacing but nothing works properly.

Any help will be much appreciated!!
Thank you very much!!

This is what I want, in case it wasn’t clear enough

Thanks!

When i had to do something like this i created 3 Element.SetParameterByName nodes and put them after each other, so that the output from the first one is the input into the second one.

Hi! Thank you very much for your reply.
I already thought on something like that, but the thing is, this is the final part of a larger script that automatically copy parameters in groups to the rooms inside that groups. Sometimes it will be three parameters, but others could be five, or one…so I need to be fully automated. Thanks anyway!!

Your Room list has a sub-list (L3,L2,L1). Think about that, how should that work with your values (which are a list of sets of 3 pieces of data) and the list of parameter names (list of 3).

As you input it now, you should flatten the Room list.

If that structure is really important to your, your should probably switch the element input on the SetParameter node to @L2.

Hi @Bjorn_Keulemans1 thanks for replying!! The room structure is really important because I need the rooms on index 0 get the values of index 0, the room on index 1 get the values of index 1 and so…

I finally did it! This is the solution:

I’m sure there are better solutions but this worked for me.
Thanks!

1 Like