3d Preview is missing on Dynamo for Revit

Hi, I’m having issues with the 3d preview not showing in Dynamo. I checked some information from Autodesk regarding the issue but I still can’t fix it.

I uninstalled Revit and installed it again.

I also tried to removed Revit from the Nvidia control panel, I set up the graphics processor under the integrated one. I get a lot of Revit options in the control panel as well, I’m not sure which one to pick and some are grayed out.

I also updated the Nvidia Driver.

I tried to install DirectX, But the Microsoft site is down https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 But I believe that I already have DirectX12.

According to Autodesk forums, it clearly is an issue with Nvidia Graphics Card.

I have an Intel core i7 and Nvidia RTX 2070 graphics card.

But my real question is the following, Is it possible to use Dynamo without the 3d Preview, And what do you recommend me to use instead or what alternative do I have in order to visualize the Geometry?

All information I found about this issue is that I have to set up the Nvidia Control Panel, but there was not much to do there and the 3d preview is still missing.

I appreciate your feedback and advice. Thanks

@carlosespinoza94 - for this older version of dynamo you actually need directX 10 - which MS has apparently removed from their download center… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

please see this answer:
Why are DirectX Runtime Installers Removed? - Microsoft Community

I am hesitant to recommend that site and the files it’s hosting since it’s not an official source.

Instead you can try to download the installer from our backup copy in the dynamo repo:
Dynamo/tools/install/Extra/DirectX at master · DynamoDS/Dynamo (github.com)

hopefully Microsoft rectifies the issue.

Thanks for replying.
When I click the .exe file from Github I get the following error:

By the way I forgot to mention that I’m using Revit 2021. So in order to fix the 3d preview I need to downgrade to DirectX10