3D Polyline to Feature Line to Corridor

Hi all,

Is there a way to create Corridors from Feature Lines from 3D Polylines in Dynamo for Civil3D? I can’t seem to find any nodes that can do that. None of my installed packages contains something like FeatureLine.Create etc. And the only nodes that create Corridors can do so only from alignments.

Thanks!

The API was not able to create Corridors from Featurelines until very recently (I am not sure, it might be 2024.1 or it could be a bèta feature for 2025). Future node libraries with this function will only work in the very latest Dynamo environments.

1 Like

Civil 3d 2024.2 (released Monday) added create multiple corridor baselines from feature line. This can be massively helpful, but I haven’t seen any dynamo package support it yet.

What I want for XMAS!

3 Likes

is that means we can skip the subassembly composer and create corridor straight from polyline soon?

I’d say you will still need a subassembly to be able to create a corridor. Not necessarily a subassembly composer, assuming you have your subassembly already created.

And now Autodesk has pulled back the Civil 3d 2024.2 patch. (why I don’t install these first thing).

You should be able to create a corridor from polyline soon, I think you will still need to have an assembly.

Very excited to see Dynamo nodes for this functionality, but I will be digging into the API to check out the new functionality.

1 Like