ZeroTouchNodes, how to beginn?

Hello,

i try just to follow this:

https://alvpickmans.github.io/DynamoDevelopment-London-Hackathon-2019/03-ZeroTouch/01-Setup.html
currently i use Revit 2022.1 and Dynamo 2.10.1. later i will test for 2024 should i take this in consideration ?

it seems to “old”… how to follow these instructions… there is some stuff not working in particular regarding folderstructure… i thinking coding itselft is not the issue…

when i play i got this :

<Target Name="ZeroTouchNodes">
	<ItemGroup>
		<Dlls Include="$(OutDir)*.dll" />
		<Pdbs Include="$(OutDir)*.pdb" />
		<Xmls Include="$(OutDir)*.xml" />
		<Configs Include="$(OutDir)*.config" />
		<PkgJson Include="$(ProjectDir)manifest/*pkg.json" />
		<SourcePackage Include="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\**\*" />
	</ItemGroup>
	<PropertyGroup>
		<PackageName>MyPackage</PackageName>
	</PropertyGroup>
	<!-- This copies every file to a dist folder on the solutions directory -->
	<Copy SourceFiles="@(Dlls)" DestinationFolder="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\bin\" />
	<Copy SourceFiles="@(Pdbs)" DestinationFolder="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\bin\" />
	<Copy SourceFiles="@(Xmls)" DestinationFolder="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\bin\" />
	<Copy SourceFiles="@(Configs)" DestinationFolder="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\bin\" />
	<Copy SourceFiles="@(PkgJson)" DestinationFolder="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)" />
	<MakeDir Directories="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\dyf" />
	<MakeDir Directories="$(SolutionDir)dist\$(PackageName)\extra" />

<!-- This copies the distributed package on dist folder to the Dynamo Packages folder. -->
	<Copy SourceFiles="@(SourcePackage)" DestinationFolder="$(AppData)\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.10\packages\$(PackageName)\%(RecursiveDir)" />
</Target>

how to detect the error ?

or the are other tutorials more simple to handle ZeroTouchNodes ?

if you have some links to learn these kind stuff let me know :slight_smile:

KR

Andreas

1 Like

look this way

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Hi @Draxl_Andreas you should have joined the office hour in last week, where John Pierson and Jacob give a great explanation how to start. not sure if it uploaded yet on youtube, but guess it will :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

@sovitek ,

Thanks for the info, the stuff in the net seems to be old.

KR

Andreas

@christian.stan ,

i started with this. But i have problems with the presettings in visual studio…

so the gitbook is better, but it is older, an i can not handle error…

i think major lack of information is the correlation between folderstructure → .dll, .xml, .jason → “installing the package”

KR

Andreas

I prefer to use the complementary term more than best, anyway I still have to progress (a good year, I think), before going to the zero_touch_node and the use of C# (at first sight, the syntax seems very very rigorous to me)

i am convinced that your resilience will overcome this

For now, I’m marveling with this kind of instruction:
it’s still crazy what you can do with dynamo.

manual required

import os
os.startfile(‘C://’,‘open’)

cordially
Christian.stan

Yep - @john_pierson covered this in the office hour last week. Hopefully it will be posted to YouTube soon. :slight_smile:

That session was a bit Revit focused, and the next session (on the 17th) with @mzjensen will be a bit Civil 3D focused, but both basically have the same base info so you can likely attend that to get some further insights.

6 Likes

@jacob.small ,

i hope there some printable format like .pdf… to learn :wink:

Here you find some information about creating dropdowns with C#:

4 Likes

And my book contains a full chapter about programming ZT nodes:

It is for Civil 3D but a large part should work for Revit too.

4 Likes

There is a bunch of reference links. All in time. :slight_smile:

And the book is an mind opener even if you already know a lot of Dynamo.

3 Likes

going to heat up the credit card to listen to you
Cordially
christian.stan

3 Likes

@christian.stan ,

at least i have some progress. i had to import my Nodes via .dll file…

KR
Andreas

3 Likes

The link @christian.stan posted here shows you how to avoid having to do this.

3 Likes

I will try later :wink:

edit

"Your\thave\twrite\r
  a\tgood\tbook\r
\tM.\tHuizinga \rAnton"; :wink:

Thank you for advice Mr Ericson Patrick
I appear on page 279 (my old head) :grinning:

cordially
christian.stan :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome. I expect you to write an instructional PDF while it’s fresh in your mind :smiley:

I tried a few tutorials a couple of years ago for making Revit plug-ins with C#. None of them worked. :frowning:
I did eventually do a course and work it out, but it was super painful.

I’d like to see a C# forum for zero-touch and plug-ins. That’d be really useful.
It could be the sister forum to this forum… How about it @jacob.small / @solamour / @otherAutodesk people :smiley:

1 Like

@Alien ,

My Swim Trainer always said “the pain shows you the path that you have to walk …” :wink:

KR

Andreas

You could also try this AutoDesk University Class Getting Started with Customizing Dynamo for the Non-Programmers Using C# | Autodesk University

4 Likes

I think this forum can suffice, perhaps with a new tag for zero touch? I’ll discuss with Sol when he is back from vacation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes