DynamoCustomization.xml for zero touch node not affecting node categorization in the broswer

Howdy all,

I’m trying to get figure out how to organize zero touch nodes in the library browser, working off the instructions here.

I created a couple zero touch nodes in an assembly ZeroTouchSandbox.dll. Here’s one, in the class HelloNode.cs.

I created a package directory structure with both a pkg.json and a ZeroTouchSandbox_DynamoCustomization.xml file placed according to the hierarchy for a package directory:

dynamo%20customization%20location

Dynamo loads the package just fine, and it shows up on the list of installed packages. However, the library browser is still placing the node according to assembly name and namespace for the zero touch class:

dynamo%20node%20category

It seems to be completely ignoring my xml file. Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong here?

On a related note, it’s also creating a node from (as far as I can tell) the default constructor for my zero touch node class, which of course I don’t want.

Hi @doug.klassen what does your customization look like - and what version of dynamo are you in?

I’ve tried it with both 1.3 and 2.0 in Revit and 1.3 in the Dynamo sandbox with the same results.

Here’s the content of my DynamoCustomization.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<doc>
  <assembly>
    <name>ZeroTouchSandbox</name>
  </assembly>
  <namespaces>
    <namespace name="DougKlassen.Dynamo.Sandbox">
      <category>DKZeroTouch</category>
    </namespace>
  </namespaces>
  <classes>
    <class name="DougKlassen.Dynamo.Sandbox.HelloNode" shortname="HelloWorldZT"/>
    <class name="DougKlassen.Dynamo.Sandbox.ArithmeticNode" shortname="ArithmeticCalcZT"/>
  </classes>
</doc>