Writing to Excel with multiple sheet names

Hi everyone,

I encounter a massive problem which I cannot manage to solve, although I’m trying it since hours.

See the following Dynamo code please:

Having this I would like to have the following results in Excel:

But no matter what I do, I cannot solve the Problem. I have played around with levels etc. 1000 times. It doesn’t want to to work.

Can somebody please support me?

I would be grateful of any help.

Thank you all.

Try a package called Bumblebee. It has ability to easily write data across multiple sheets. Here’s a link to some examples and explanations: https://konradsobon.gitbooks.io/bumblebee-primer/content/120_write_data_to_excel.html

2 Likes

Hi Konrad,

thank you for your reply and the amazing package you developed.

I wanted to try your example under 1.2.3 Combining BB Data Nodes to Write Multiple Sheets.

Unfortunately I get the following output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 177, in
File “”, line 74, in WriteData
File “”, line 65, in FillData
EnvironmentError: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
bei Microsoft.Scripting.ComInterop.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
bei CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Object , Object , Object )
bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run8[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,T7,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5, T6 arg6, T7 arg7) bei IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget7(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2, Object arg3, Object arg4, Object arg5, Object arg6) bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute9[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,T7,T8,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5, T6 arg6, T7 arg7, T8 arg8) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction10.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4)
bei IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget4(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2, Object arg3)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction7.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run7[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5, T6 arg6) bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute6[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction7.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

My OS and MS-Office are German. Is the error maybe because of it?

Below you find the Data:
07-BumblebeeTest01.dyn (11.5 KB)
Bumblebee-Test.txt (2.3 KB)

…now I have input exactly what you have written in your example and it works. I will try to find out what I’m doing wrong in the previous example and let you know.

…is it possible to pass an array of e. g. [0,6] instead of “A7” as the origin.

I need something like Cell Index Node but in the reverse way, so that I can pass to it say [0,2} and then it returns “C1”.

Thank you.

Dear Konrad, dear all,

I notice that I cannot use your package. I have to come back to my original question of how it is really possible with the core node “write to excel”.

can you/someone help?