Why does Dynamo run through my routine only once?

I run it, it works, I run it again nothing happens. I have to exit dynamo to run it again.
Why???

Depending on your graph or task your running the behavior you experiencing is normal. @Konrad_K_Sobon have explained this on one of the topics posted years ago (i cannot remember which one). You can post your graph for us to see and maybe we can add a boolean or if its python a runit bool to reinitiate your graph without exiting dynamo. Or again depending on your graph you can use dyno browser it has ability to reinitiate scripts. I do not know about dynamo player if it does the same coz i do not use it.

So it it entirely due to python scripts in package nodes or is a dynamo issue?

Nope…its not the packages you used nor the python in them. I have to carefully think about this now…it is how someone puts them together to create your graphs. Partly as i understood it yes it is due to how dynamo was designed (this is the way i understood it). Its all really depends on your graph. If for example it will create a script/graph i will always add a bool to trigger the script to reinitiate. But thats me. This is how i will do it.

graph runs 3 custom nodes:

Custom nodes all use 3 nodes form archi-lab:

One uses a node from clockwork:

These do work if anyone is interested, but only once which may not matter.

Idea is based on something that Paul Wintour did at Parametric Monkey. But I think more flexible as it breaks it down into smaller chunks that are easier to manage.

Thanks for that…have you tried your graph on dyno browser? The graph you post are made from OOTB nodes as far as i can see. If we add a boolean we are altering the dyf (maybe not a good idea). Try dyno if you have not tried it yet? By the way maybe an “IF” node can save your day…