Walls From CAD Center Line Can't be Drawn by angle

Hey people;
I have a script fot creating walls from CAD by respecting mid line of “WALL” layer. Script draws mid line but only perpenticular. When walls are goes with an angle , it still create mid line perpendicular. How can i change it?

DUVAR2.dyn (90.5 KB)

because getisoline only split surface in u and v directions.
you need to use another method.
collect all parallel lines and group them by distance

Thank you. It’s far beyond my knowledge. For now i’m using manuel method.Aligning walls after they’ve been created.

How are you defining the surface? If patching between two parallel lines this should return a UV that is aligned to the two curves…

I define the surface through “boundingbox”.

That’s the issue. Define it in another way and you will get better results. Ideally by lofting from inside to outside (or vice versa).

I am not a script writter but i’m not bad at researching. Just wrote the script by looking two different videos. It will be challenge for me. So i need to research on “how to define a surface” right?

Surface.ByLoft will likely do the trick; just have to ensure you have the right pairing of curves.

Don’t sell yourself short. I’d wage 90% of the tool authors in AEC started where you are now. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time. Maybe another helpfull person will add idea in the future. I will keep my eyes on this topic.

I’m looking for a smilar example which can be use in this case. It would be cool If you came across and share the link.

I’ve opined on this a few times on the forum but I’ll put it here again.

Generally I feel you’re better suited cutting a slice out of the apple while it’s still in one piece rather than turning it into apple sauce and then trying to cut a slice…

Framed in the context of your question: The data has better structure and function in the DWG environment rather than in Revit, so I feel step 1 should be to process the DWGs in AutoCAD not Revit, and pull the data you want to build from out into an intermediate file. If you do that you likely have more functional data to build with (in many cases including stuff like wall thickness and a single location line pre-defined) which will save you DAYS of processing time.

Beyond that, for help with something which works in that context or the context of the graph you’ve provided we need an RVT and DWG to guide you.

Here’s lots of complex issues have solved by using dynamo. My script is already working with UV directions. I thought there would be basic solution to add angle for the mid-line directions.
Surely i can add rvt and dwg

Dynamo works with dwgs natively if you launch Civil 3D (which you already have if you have a collection). Why not start there?

In any case, I can’t help more directly with any path without data sets. Pretty busy this week too so unless it’s a quick question (ie: how to loft two edges to make the surface instead of using a bounding box) I might not get to it.

Ok thank you. Have a nice week.