UV grid on a wall surface with its openings

Hello,

I’m still new to dynamo and visual programming in general. I have this problem than I can’t seem to find a solution for so kindly help me out.

I’m trying to use Surface.PointAtParameter node to draw a grid of points on a wall surface selected from a Revit file. however, the grid of points seem to be passing by the wall openings as well which is something I don’t want.

Surface

I thought this was maybe a problem with importing surfaces from Revit models so I tried something else, which was creating a surface.bypatch from a circle, then trying to draw again surface.pointatparamter, I get a grid of points out of the extent of the circle !

I confused or maybe I’m missing something, I checked www.dynamoprimer.com and one of the tutorials shows a surface where only the drawn grid points lay on the surface itself and within its extents and not outside as well.

Dynamoprimer section 6.4

1 Like

Tarek, considering the way Point at parameter works now, the below definition should help yo do what you want

20151009-2

1 Like

Thanks Virkam for your reply,

I tried your definition but it ran with an error I can’t understand, kindly help me out please.

I have also attached the definition in case you want to have a look.

Screenshot

Thanks a alot

UV grid on wall

Tarek, change the lacing on the Geometry.DoesIntersect node to longest

ohh … my bad !

Thanks a lot Virkam for your support.