Using Lists as Values for Data.Shapes for piecharts

Hello all,

I’m trying to create visuals using calculated values that were pulled from schedules. These come into the graph using lists that are aimed at using them as inputs for a pie chart. When I run the script using the lists I’m receiving a null value from the data shapes node. However, using the same lists through the NodeModelCharts pie chart node achieves what I’m looking for. I’d like to use DataShapes though as it provides a pop up than I intend to use on the DynamoPlayer when working in Revit.

In other examples of using the Data Shapes method the value is often inserted by a list count node, so I’m guessing perhaps this is why I’m not able to use my list as it stands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

R

Pull the python node out of the custom node and run it in your graph to see if you get any errors.

Thanks Nick. I had to change the python engine of the script in the custom node to CPython3. This seems to fix the null value, although when repeating the same steps with MultipleInputForm ++, my result is dictionary.

The change from IronPython2.7 to CPython3 does have some discrepancies when upgrading. You can download the DynamoIronPython2.7 package to use with packages that have not been updated to CPython3 yet.

1 Like

Ah right, thanks for the advice. Everything is working fine now that DynamoIronPython2.7 has been installed. Cheers Nick!