Using Dynamo with Core Console

At my company we use Civil 3D with Vault and run several commands using Core console.
Does anyone have experience with Dynamo on Core console? Is it possible to combine?
Regards Patrick

Ping this one.
@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 and @solamour , do you if there is a way to use Dynamo on Core Console.
Spoke about this at a seminar about how to make Dynamo even better in the future and if I don’t missunderstod you @solamour is was possible.

Best regards,
Patrick

Can you give some context @patrick.ericson - what is Vault and Core Console? There are many tools with those names from different companies. Do you mean the autocad/civil command console?

Good question @Michael_Kirschner2

Vault Professional is the Common Data Environment from Autodesk. We use it in both smaller and really large infrastucture project to handle all kind of documentation and design. Our mainly design software is Civil 3D and AutoCad but we also have connector with Navisworks and can use Vault to Sync to BIM360 and Projectwise.

The Core console is the headless version of AutoCad and Civil 3D and we use it to automate several function on a Job Processor and in this way we don’t need to do exports from C3D to ACAD, quality checks in model files and publish to pdf using the AutoCAD/C3D application on Users computer. Instead it will be handled much faster on the Core Console.

Hope it makes it a little bit clearer
Regards,
Patrick

yes, I understand a bit better - the answer is I don’t know. Dynamo can work without a UI (not all nodes of course, and very few extensions) - but the engine can run without a UI.

DynamoCivil implementation may make some assumptions about being run in a UI application though. I imagine it’s not impossible. A good question for @Nora.Li

3 Likes

Hi
AECCRUNDYNAMOSCRIPT seems to be the command that works to run inside Civil 3D and after that I paste to complete search path to the script including the script name. Then it runs.
Will talk to my colleague about this and if it’s possible to run on core console then.
Next phase is to find a way to change/add input values outside player.

1 Like

What do you think about it @Nora.Li
Will it be possible to found a way to run Dynamoscript on Core Console?
Regards
Patrick

it’s possible to run the dynamo script on core console. we have one command in Civil 3D is aeccRunDynamoScript, which can run the script without UI. Only limitation is it’s ran based on the static input parameter.

Hi Nora
True, I know about that command. Do you know if there is any issues if I run the aeccRunDynamoScript inside another scr - file on CoreConsole? It work fine if I run it in Civil 3D without CoreConsole

No problem so far. I checked with @angelohbwang , we have several scripts are running inside coreconsole.

1 Like

Input values can be changed via automation routine which modifies the .dyn document to set the value of the various input nodes prior to sending the RunDynamo command.

Well, a small update on this topic.
For the moment we’re able to run dynamo graph’s on Vault in Civil 3D UI but not on CoreConsole depending on limitations on CoreConsole.
Next issue is that we only have an environment for Civil 3D 2021 so we have issues with object binding… to be continued :slight_smile:

Hi @Nora.Li
Could you explain a little bit more how you run the script on core console? We tried but found out that we had to run the graph from graphical UI
Mvh Patrick