Use List of Items as Input for Parameter Name

I am trying to get 300+ of mechanical equipment parameters all at once. I have filtered the list of parameters down to the ones I want to get. But I can’t seem to figure out how to take List.GetItemAtIndex to the parameterName input of Element.GetParameterValueByName.

How many list of parameters do you have. Is the number of lists at level 2 equal to number of elements?
If so, then set element at Level 1 and parameter name at Level 2. If the numbers are different, then also set lacing to longest.
Hope this helps.

It´s difficult to tell exactly without seeing the whole script, but it looks like you have an extra space after you parameter name because you are using “:” instead of " : " in your string.split.

1 Like

It looks like you’re

1. getting all parameters of the element
  2. filtering them
  3. converting them to a string
  4. stripping them down to just the parameter name
  5. then finally using that name to get the parameter value from the element

This seems way too complicated. What are you trying to do here? We need more information.

You were right! Got to triple check syntax.

Hi All, I have read through this and multiple other forums. Im replying here because I find myself with an overly complicated solution like @Nick_Boyts states.

Im new to Dynamo and any help slimming this down and improving it will be really appreciated.
It does everything listed below is parts but not as a whole.

The script’s purpose:

• Create multiple floor filters at once in an active view
  • One filter for each Floortype in a linked model
  • The name for the Filter created, and the value being filtered, should be same as the floor type it is filtering (Floortype = filtername = filter value)
  • The filters added to the view should each be assigned a randomly generated greyscale RGB code override for the background fill colour.

Thanks in advance for the wisdom :slight_smile:

@MAW13, please post your question as a new thread.

Also, make sure your image is legible (use the Export As Image button in the top right hand corner of the Dynamo window when node titles are visible) and that you have all node preview bubbles pinned.

Thanks. The new image is exported and you can view original for the HD version :+1: