Urban Plannig via Dynamo (BiMorph Curves from CAD Layers)

Unfortunately I’m not in Revit 2019 :frowning: sorry

You are only getting 104 points out, so something is going wrong there…
Maybe this is a clue? If the conversion to polysurface is missing some of your topo?

Perhaps have a fly around in dynamo and see what you’re getting? If you right click on the other nodes and unclick ‘preview’ you should be able to just see the returned geometry from that node…

This would help keep your lists consistent…

I believe this may in fact be the issue with the Z translations.

Will try to figure it out…

I don’t think it is a Revit 2019 specific issue. The topo is just a random toposurface with some negative and some positive height values. Surely it’s the same in 2017, 2018, etc.

this is how i came upon the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Ok so there are only a few things left:
1st. Since the normals of some the polycurves are flipped you need to use that node:
for the extrusion so you can give it a vector for direction. Otherwise you will have some of the buildings extruded downwards.
2nd. I turned the polycurves to polygons so I can use the polygon center point for the calculation of the height.
3rd. The CAD file is positioned in the middle of the toposurface so you need to filter which of the buildings you would need to move up to meet the toposurface and which of them you need to move down.

Hey,

Unfortunately I’m not in Revit 2019 :frowning: sorry

The Revit file is in 2019, so I am not able to open it in 2018 to see what is going on, I can only speculate as to what might be the problem.

I believe this may in fact be the issue with the Z translations.

You aren’t returning a point for every solid, that leads to the issue with Z translations…

The list of solids is different to the list of translations. So solids start to move strangely.

Hence my suggestion of the boolean mask to keep the lists in sync

Hi @viktor_kuzev are you getting issues with moving them up?

Hope that’s of interest.

Mark

@Mark.Ackerley
Nope, everything worked fine for me with the exception that a few curves did not extrude. As I stated above we need to make sure the footprints are extruded in the positive direction and then we need to filter which solids should we move UP and which ones whould we move DOWN to match the topo.

Cheers!

1 Like

@h.hristov31

The topo is just a random toposurface with some negative and some positive height values.

If I have negative values then my graph fails… I would just bring the CAD in at a lower value

Hope that helps,

Mark

Is there a reason why your Point.Project is set to shortest lacing?