Place Unplaced Rooms

WARNING: Dynamo newbie here. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a list of unplaced rooms from a programming schedule. I would like to place the unplaced room in the Revit environment using point coordinates. Is this possible? All the nodes I have seen allow you to create a new room by point, but not place an already created unplaced room. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Itโ€™s possible but requires Python. You need the unplaced room and the plan circuit of the bounding elements.
http://www.revitapidocs.com/2018/9ceb1869-e41b-8a3f-557c-0b13eb062e0b.htm

1 Like

Just a thought, for a Dynamo newbie it may be easier to Transpose the data of the unplaced rooms into newly created rooms, then delete the unplaced rooms from the model.

3 Likes

:point_up:This. This would be easier. I looked at the thought of placing unplaced rooms and it gets funky very quickly.

Thanks for the input, all!

As anticipated, Python is beyond me at this point. I donโ€™t have any trouble transposing the data to new rooms. The trouble is: I would like to tell Revit which phase these rooms belong in and that is dependent (or seems to be) on the phase of the view currently open in Revit. Is there a way to assign these rooms to a phase when creating them?

Itโ€™s likely that this could be done with Python. For a Dynamo newbie, set the phase of the view prior to creating the rooms, then set the phase back to what you want it to be.

Crawl today, walk tomorrow, run next week, fly a spaceship to mars the Tuesday after next.

5 Likes

Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the help!