Unknown error opening files

Hi All,

I am having issues with files becoming corrupted for no reason in Dynamo. This has happened on 2 separate occasions where I have closed the file for the day and the next day it will not open.

I am using Dynamo Revit 2.13.1.5510 and the script was created in this version as well. I have had an issue before with old packages, but I cleared all the packages and downloaded only the latest versions to get a fresh start.

I use Dynamo a lot in our office and up until now it has been very reliable. Unfortunately if this becomes a common problem people will loose their trust in its reliability. If some could help with some information on why this might be happening, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Chris

1 Like

Can you post one of the corrupted files, and your Dynamo log files from the period covering the range of dates that would catch particular moments of ‘was working here’, ‘edited here’ and ‘corrupt and won’t open here’? Will also need to know what environment you’re in, the type of storage media you’re using (local disc only, local network only, virtual network, cloud backup, etc.), and perhaps stuff like AV/ASW as well.

Edit: if you can’t post here due to account age, utilize a file sharing service like box, onedrive, Dropbox, google drive, etc.

Might be worth making sure users are on the same build. I’ve had some things like this happen in the past when users on different builds and/or versions save scripts.

1 Like

Hi Jacob

Thanks for the quick response. I will gather as much as I can and post it

Hi Gavin

Again thanks for the quick response. Currently it is only on my machine, I haven’t given the scripts to other users as they are more for family formulas and for setting up projects.

I will be using dynamo player and winforms in the office soon, so I want to make sure I can confidently keep moving forward.

1 Like

I have attached a link to a google drive account.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RO1-92eR3Nqig1SImgB5gO1A1ss4lD4s?usp=sharing

This contains the 2 corrupted files and Logs

dynamoLog_07d96951-06cd-466f-8bee-f9118014eb0f is the day I created the step 2 dyn
dynamoLog_bf96be28-446b-4c80-86aa-ea13ffb3954a is the next day when it would not open

dynamoLog_40598503-99b4-46e4-88fc-a4aba0cfd49f has the error for opening the formulas dyn

I am currently working on local disc only

Thankyou for your help

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

Yes, the answer came from mjkkirschner on github.

Their answer in my case:
the issue is that the file contains "NodeLibraryDependencies": null, I don’t know how this property became null but we can make deserialization more robust, in any case to fix this file - just replace it with the following in a text editor:

"NodeLibraryDependencies": [],

I hope this helps

2 Likes

Thank you so much Chris!

Also can you inform us about the Githup group/page? (so that we can follow there too. ) Can you provide us a link, please?