Unfolded complication

No luck @bayowindapo, same error.
Dynamo Unfold v5 (Surface Unfold_Planar Faces).dyn (30.9 KB)

Do you know why your nodes are greyed out like inactive nodes?
Your nodes should have a dark name band if they are ar active.

No idea, I just assumed that was the look.

I opened a script that I successfully made to see what it looks like, its the same appearance. Click Run and it succeeded.

Iris view extension perhaps?

Bet that’s it, good call!

Now you know of an extensions that’ll make this work?! (kidding of course)

1 Like

A guess: you have some invalid geometry somewhere. Could be a zero area face, or just a null.

Try adding a List.Flatten node and a List.Clean node with a false input for the ‘maintain indices’ input right before the unfolding node. Also try setting your geometry scaling to a smaller (or larger) setting.

If hat doesn’t work, post the rvt with just the roof element in it and I’ll try and have a look tomorrow.

Good luck @jacob.small, hopefully you’ll crack the code!

Dynamo Unfold v4.dyn (180.2 KB)
Daylighting - Unfold Test.rvt (1.6 MB)

I did not have any luck, but will continue to troubleshoot with flattening.

Hello

I think it is the drawing units. We work in millimetres here in South Africa, and for some reason, you guys still work in Feet :stuck_out_tongue:.
For some reason, when I converted your model into millimetres, everything worked! Ensure to make the bounding box large enough in feet.
See the image below unfolding your roof.

1 Like

Huh, that’s an angle I hadn’t thought of @bayowindapo – just another reason to hate the imperial units!!

Mind telling me how to go about ‘Ensure to make the bounding box large enough in feet’? I feel like that might a useful thing for me to know better.

Thanks, for the glimmer of hope!

Hello,
Have you checked this out?
(I am in the interface in French)