Uknown warning for creating floors from curves

I’m currently getting the warning:

Warning: Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel operation failed.
Curve join produced more than one WIRE in Polycurve.

I have no idea what this means, can anyone clarify? I am testing out Flux and using polycurves generated in GH to create floor outlines. The outlines show up fine in the Dynamo preview. The node is procuding nulls, although I’m not sure why.

Thansk Erfajo. Normally I would post the file but due to the nature of it being tied to Flux there is no way to replicate the info without using my login info, so unfortunately that isn’t possible this time.

The curves are coming out of GH as ‘closed’ (ive set up an internal test for this), so I don’t believe that’s it, unless Dynamo is losing that in the io crossing? It does look like that thread you’ve posted is a similar problem, so I’ll try to go through and troubleshoot it.

If anyone’s got any other ideas I’m open to hearing. Thanks

Right on. I don’t think I asked for anyone to ‘do my job’ or to recreate my graph from scratch, but rather wondered if anyone had experienced a similar problem in trying to push/pull curve information through the Flux platform. As far as I’m aware there is no ‘csv dump’ equivalent to this since I suspect its an issue with conversion via JSON between DY/GH. I’ve shown the pinned internal Watch drop bars to indicate the data coming out of the bugged part of the script. Im simply wondering if anyone has received the same warning in the past.

This isn’t to bicker; I’m always genuinely happy to get any help possible on these forums and have found a lot of success in it previously. Given the constraints of what I’m able to post here, I’m just not really sure what more you’re looking for exactly…

Anyways, since there don’t seem to be any responses from others finding their way with flux it may be better to pursue it over on their own specific community boards.

1 Like

Hi @BenCon

Could you show sreenshot showing watch node @ receive from flux node.

1 Like

Hi Kulkul,

Here’s the screenshot of multiple watchnodes indicating everything here. I am still getting the same warning if I use both types of curve outline floors:

And for reference, here is the geometry in grasshopper showing all curves as simplified / closed. I’ve run it through a couple curve operators to make sure there are no kinks, etc, in their makeup.

It looks like an errant flatten earlier in the grasshopper script may have been the culprit… seems to be updating now as expected.

I have to admit though, that I do find it odd that the warning to come up was associated with the makeup of the curves rather than about tree structures not matching.