Trying to delete Project Parameters with Dynamo neverending process

hello

my experience has been frustrating with Diroots paramanager plugin I have to say. I do not know why some project parameters take ages to delete from project, Revit keeps processing not responding for hours or even closes Revit without finishing the process, is possible with Dynamo detect what are the problematic parameters that do not delete fast? is there any know reason of this behaviour?

I have to say that deleting manually is fast and I was thinkn to use dynamo for that instead of a plugin but difficult to know what parameters to delete without seeing them

1 Like

I believe that if you’re in any kind of workshared environment deleting parameters in bulk can be VERY slow just based on checking in/out the elements.

this case is just a revit template .rte file, so no worksets available. very weird, I do not have good experience with plugins deleting parameters I do not know why, but with Dynamo is very dangerous if case deleting wrong parameters that are necessary, the plugin interface is more safe because can read what I am deleting

Template might also be part of the reason for the slow down - stuff like poorly handled exceptions, deeply rooted ‘try’ efforts, or perhaps being intentionally conservative in processing so as to add checks and balances to prevent corruption of the unsaved file as it’s a template. Without the source code and the files to reproduce I can’t say. Such troubleshooting would have to be done with the add-in manufacturer directly.

Dynamo can delete parameters as indicated in the post from Gavin above.

If you want to ‘read before you delete’ then you’ll need to identify, trigger a UI, select what to delete, trigger a confirmation, and then do the action. That could be done as one Python node, one C# node, a set of C#/Python nodes, or as a set of .dyf nodes, or even as Revit add-in of your own making.

2 Likes