The MEP side -- needs a LOT of attention!

@Alejandro_Mata
hey,
try this one:
IN[0].ConnectTo(IN[1])

Dear Michail,

Iā€™m looking for a python script and a dynamo script that can collect connectors from some pipe fittings, after that i want to find out which are disconnected and reconnect them.

Your script looks like it can help me but iā€™m missing sometihng of your script in these views above. Please can you provide me the scripts or can help me further.

Reconnect disconnection.dyn (6.4 KB)

Best Regards,

O. Kappert

Hi

I am sorry, I donā€™t have time to help out in detail.

Also, Iā€™ve long since switched to C# for my MEP programming needs.

The script you show in the screenshot, does not attempt to connect nodes, it just collects the coordinates of the connectors.

What you have to do, is get fittings elements, get their connectors, run those against a collection of all connectors in document, detect those that share the same location (always a pair connecting two elements together), and then: if (!connector1.IsConnected) connector1,ConnectTo(connector2). Anyways, you have to modify the sequence to suit your own needs.

As a side note, I have an add-in to connect or disconnect aligned connectors or all connectors in document. Please see this: https://github.com/shtirlitsDva/MyRevitAddins/blob/2018-stable/MyRevitAddins/ConnectConnectors/ConnectConnectors.cs.

Some MEP related functions are in this file: https://github.com/shtirlitsDva/MyRevitAddins/blob/2018-stable/MyRevitAddins/Shared/MyUtils.cs

You have to dive in some C# and Python, sorry, canā€™t help you any further. :slight_smile:

Hi Olaf,

I added a bunch of connector nodes to my MEPover package a few weeks back. Those should be able to help you out without having to dive into python/C#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGv09SLRuZI&t=13s

3 Likes

Good afternoon! could you make a node that creates consecutive lists of elements from each air terminal to the fan.

Not exactly sure what it is you want to achieve, but there is a node called ā€˜Duct Upstream Componentsā€™ that will try to retrieve every element from the air terminal to the main equipment. Only works if the flow in the network is set properly.

1 Like

Thank you, but itā€™s not quite that.
I need:
It is necessary to build the number of entries equal to the number of air termals in the system.
In the list, the sequence from the air terminal is built up to the end of the network (fan). Ie at first the elements of the branch, then the main elements and ducts without branches.
Yes in the lists will be the repetition of the elements.
e.g. each list generates a sequence of elements by the movement of air from / to the air terminal to the fan.

Dear T_Pover,

I donā€™t think this is what i can use. What i want to do is running an add-in that can split my pipes at a certain length. I already have placed taps(welded grooved taps) on my pipe that is to long. But i need to run the add-in for splitting the pipes after i have placed the taps.

Know revit is placing a coupling at a certain length but it wil disconnect the tap from the pipe. I want to reconnect the same tap on the pipe by a script. The problem is that a tap doesnā€™t have a visible connector in Revit but i know that there is a connector point.

I want to make a script that is going to reconnect the disconnected tap to the pipe that has the certain length.

Is this possible with you package. Please can you provide me a small script where i can see that i disconnection in revit is reconnected. Maybe i can build this script further to solve my problem.

Best Regards,

O. Kappert

Hi Olaf,
Hereā€™s a rather crude implementation that will connect pipe fittings to pipes if the locations of the connectors are the same.
Connect%20disconnectsConnect Disconnects .dyn (10.8 KB)

1 Like

Dear T_Pover,

Thank you very much for your script.

A question from my side. Does this also work for Taps.

Disconnected taps.rvt (2.1 MB)

See attachment.

The 2 taps on the left are disconnected but i canā€™t get them reconnected with your script.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Best Regards,

O. Kappert

I donā€™t think this will work with taps. The tap-connection to a duct or pipe only exists on the duct as long as the tap is connected. If itā€™s no longer connecter there will not be a disconnected connector on the duct.

Thank you for your reply.

Then i have to look for another solution. i have seen something that was programmed that could do this, but i t was made in the API from Revit.