Reconnect disconnection

Dear People,

I’m looking for a packages and scripts for dynamo that can help me to reconnect a disconnection.

When i’m splitting a pipe in revit some taps are disconnected. I want to reconnect to the same tap on the same place in the model. Is this possible with a certain package and a certain script that can collect all the connectors that are disconnected and reconnect them to the nearast tap or connector point. I was think to use the connector manager and connector set but i don;t know how.

Please let me first know if there is any package that i can use for this.

If i have to explain this al little but more please let me know.

Best Regards,

O. Kappert

I think I attended to a presentation at AU where @Alejandro_Mata showed how to do something similar. Look at the minute 35. If this is want you want to achieve, the material is in the link for download as well.
http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2016/revit-mep/mep20849#chapter=0

I hope it helps,

Xavier

Dear Xavier,

The script that you advise was a little bit different that i’m looking for.

First i want to collect all the pipe fittings that are disconnected from a pipe after i have split the pipe in a certain length with a certain add-in.

The add-in only disconnect the pipe fitting from the pipes because in this add-in the pipe is remodeled and a tap in revit doesn’t have a connection point in itself. So the tap is disconnected but the add-in.

Know i want to reconnect the disconnected tap to the pipe.

I’m busy with a script that was made for a duct but i have some errors in it to collect all the connectors with the connector manager.

For know i first have to solve this before i can write my script further.

I have an error with the traceback string in a python script. The traceback.py command is in the python library.

I have put the script in this topic.
Reconnect disconnection.dyn (6.4 KB)

Please can you or anyone else help me.

Best Regards,

O. Kappert

MEPover has nodes for connectors.

1 Like